Monday, August 4, 2014

So...I guess I can start a blog?

I will start off by saying that blogging isn't something that I long considered. I have definitely had moments in my life where I've said "Damn, I wish there was a way to tell people about ~*insert inappropriate but hilarious story here*~" But blogging wasn't something Id considered until recently. You see...I was one of the first of my friends to get married and have babies...multiple in fact...and I always have had sage advice to give(yeah right) before they got married, or had their first kid. Hell, most of it is info I wish someone would have given me. Or really, warnings of whats to come. Some things I wish I would have been warned of upon marriage/ childbirth/ child rearing:

                      *Marriage is hard work. You work to keep things interesting especially once you have kids.Aaaaannnnd sometimes its hard work not throwing each other out of a moving                                                   vehicle...either way...its hard work!!!

                      * Having a baby changes things (other than your body)...even things you never ever in a million years thought would change. Friends disappear (even if you arent 16 and pregnant!), family means a whole other thing to you, and your ability to watch movies with certatin story lines (fictional or not) changes. Oh, and dont get me started on watching the news. If it doesnt have anything to do with Peppa Pig or funny cat vidoes, I probably know nothing about it (and Im ok with that!).

                     * There might be days where you just absolutely can not stand your children. YES I SAID IT!!!! There will be a time when the sound of "Mooooooommmmmmyyyyyyyy...I want juice. Mooooooommmmmmyyyyy I want Ice Cream for breakfast" will drive you batty and its ok....thats where Jimmy Buffet came up with the phrase " Its five o'clock somewhere". He wasn't speaking in terms of an endless vacation. Ohhhh no!!!! He was speaking in mom terms...He was saying...its ok to have that glass of wine for breakfast!! Ok so maybe not for breakfast....but if you need to pop a cork a smidge earlier than 5 o'clock...I wont judge. I almost had a glass at 10 am once. I thought for sure it was at least 3 in the afternoon..but thats another story for another day. 

Listen...I love my husband and I adore my children and I know there are people that don't or cant have either and I would never ever EVER want to minimize the amazingness that is marriage and mommyhood, but I would be a liar if I didn't say there weren't days where I wish I could do the little Bewitched nose wiggle and end up on an island, alone, with a book and a cold beer, just for a few hours.

But I digress......

As I start on this blogging journey I ask one big thing:
Be patient with me....


No comments:

Post a Comment